40 Days (+2!) of Cleansing and Beyond…Week 6

A Journal of my personal (daily) experiences

By: Mindy Goldis

Vegan Food Chef and Educator

Specializing in macrobiotic/raw vegan cuisine

Week 6

Day 36 – Tuesday January 5, 2010

My thirty-sixth day experiences: I didn’t fall asleep right away last night, but it didn’t take very long. I woke up at 1 am to go to the bathroom and my throat was feeling quite dry, so I gave in to doing the remedy that helps (I didn’t have to eat any food to necessarily ‘break’ from my cleanse). It really does work very well. You take a ½ of a large lemon or lime or a whole small one and juice it and then swallow and then take a small sip of water. You do not consume anything for a ½ hour. What that does is kill the bacteria in your throat (lemon and lime is using in cleaning products because it is anti-bacterial, so it does the same in the body) and is best to do so on an empty stomach (Ha! mine has been empty for weeks, so no problem there) because it is easier for it to take affect as there is no digestion of foods going on in the body. I got back into bed at 1:30 am and then got up again at 3:45 am to use the bathroom and had another ½ of a lime for my throat. Again I went to sleep and woke up at 6 am, and this time went to the bathroom and had a loose, dark and smelly bowel movement and was a significant amount. I slept afterwards till 7 am when my alarm rang. I can hardly believe that it is the final week of my cleansing ‘marathon.’ At first the time seemed to go by so slowly and now I am almost done. My energy is fine and I still have neck tension. Have some tongue coating, but not much and no noticeable underarm odor. It is another beautiful sunny day outside. I got out by 9:15 am and went to get my work done at the library. I left there by 12:30 pm and went for my walk. It was an absolutely picture perfect day. There was no wind to speak up and I didn’t have to wear any jacket or sweatshirt. I came come after and had some time to do my ‘sunning’ because my neighbor wasn’t ready to go out yet. We went to my co-op close to 2 pm to show him some things I recommend he start using from the body care department and also some food items. I saw some people I knew that I had not seen in a while because I have not been shopping there. Then he took me to take care of a couple of errands (which saved me time) and then came back close to 4 pm. It was a good day all around and my energy sustained and was good most of the day. My throat isn’t feeling as dry and sore as it was last night. Tonight will be another early night, as I have an appointment at 8:30 am tomorrow. I went to bed at 9:45 pm, much later then I expected, as I started looking at some information in a book on the food sources for certain nutrients and forgot what time it was.

Day 37 – Wednesday January 06, 2010

My thirty-seventh day experiences: I slept well last night and got up at 1 am to use the bathroom and then again at 5 am. I juiced a whole lime, as my throat was feeling quite dry. I got back in bed and slept till 6:30 am when my alarm rang. I had a very small evacuation at 6:35 am. My tongue is mildly coated, energy is fine and a bit of smell under my right arm pit. I had to get out early today for an appointment, but was running a little behind. I walked fast to get there and unfortunately I had to wait more than a half hour to be seen, as there were already other people there when I arrived at about 8:35 am. My appointment was called for 8:30 am for my annual female check -up. I had the opportunity to weigh myself on a manual scale with my clothes off and it said 108 lbs. I finally got done at 10:20 am and didn’t get home till 11 am. I was feeling a bit lethargic and walked much slower. I also noticed that I was burping and belching more after drinking my fluids, perhaps because I drank to fast and took in some air. I got to do some ‘sunning’ outside as it is another beautiful sunny day. I finally got out after 1 pm, as I was talking to my neighbor and needed to take care of some things before leaving. I had a nice walk and then went to the library. I spent some time there and left after 5 pm. It was already getting chilly out, but not as bad as other nights. I had all my extra layers to put on before I left. I made one stop before going home and saw a couple of people I know. I was still having some gas (burping and flatulence) from consuming my fluids. My energy was good the rest of the day, as I was drinking the coconut and stevia waters at regular intervals. Tonight is “bath night” and I am looking forward to it. I am using the bath salts“Gimme A Break” from Little Essentials and a new Pheylonian Aura Pot called “Visionary” A Shamanic Blend and I played classical music from the radio. The bath was wonderful and relaxing and not as hot as other times (as I was drawing the bath, the hot water kept getting colder, so when I got into it I was able to lay down right away) and I did not need to get out as slowly. I plan to get to bed before 10 pm, as I have a busy day tomorrow. I had an unexpected loose bowel movement at 9 pm and was a significant amount. I got to sleep at 10:20 pm, later then I initially planned.

Day 38 – Thursday January 07, 2010

My thirty-eighth day experiences: I slept fairly well last night. I did wake up at 1:30 am to use the bathroom and my throat was quite dry so I juiced a lime and drank it before going back to bed. I awoke again at 5 and 6 am to use the bathroom. Then it was up at 7am when my alarm rang to start the day. It is a very busy one for me at I have an appointment at 7:30 pm for 2 hours to attend to that came up last minute yesterday (so for sure, I will getting to sleep late this evening) I want to get all my cleaning done this morning so that I can sleep in tomorrow morning. I did not have a bowel movement this morning. I noticed my tongue had heavier coating in the back and I do have some neck tension. My hands seems to be dry and it’s probably because I am using the heater more and also I wash my hands in water that isn’t from a filter (wish I had one that could use on the bathroom sink like the shower because want to be able to use both hot and cold water). I took my measurements this morning and there were some changes since last week. My chest is 29 (slight change), waist 23 (same), hips 34 ½ (1 ½ inch change), thigh 20 (same). It was a very hectic morning, as I did some cleaning and also ‘sunning’ and got out before 11 am. I went for my walk and then it got a bit windy so I didn’t go for a full hour. I then took the bus to do my volunteering (which I haven’t done in a couple of weeks). I came home right after and did a bit more cleaning before I left at about 2:20 pm and was out for the rest of the day. I did some catch up work on the internet at the local Whole Foods Market (they have free wireless). I was feeling a bit tired and drained of energy and it was only 5 pm. I still had to go for my appointment at 7:30 pm and wished the night was already over. The group meeting I was in seemed to be dragging for me after a while and some of the women were so chatty and I wasn’t really into it. I was happy when it finally was over and I got paid for my time. By then, it was after 9:30 pm and I had to wait a while for the bus and it was a bit chilly outside. I wasn’t sure I could make my connection to a 2nd bus I needed to take, but thankfully I timed it perfectly and didn’t have to wait the extra half-hour for it. When I got home I had to unpack everything and then I didn’t get to bed right away. Even though it was about 11 pm and I thought I was tired, I must have gotten a second wind. I was listening to some programs on the radio and turned on my computer and decided to check if I had an internet connection and it turned out I did (so that kept me up much later). It is now 1:40 am and I really need to get to sleep! I finally got to sleep at 2:10 am.

Day 39 – Friday January 08, 2010

My thirty-ninth day experiences: I woke up at 6:20 am to use the bathroom and then went back to sleep. Then at 8:10 am I got out of bed to use the bathroom again and went back in bed till 8:45 am and couldn’t sleep anymore because my mind was whirling with thoughts and ideas. I felt really spaced out when I got up and in a fog and was slow it getting my day going. My throat is dry and I have some neck tension and tightness. I did not have a bowel movement this morning and I have no underarm odor today. I am glad I did the majority of my cleaning yesterday and only have to wash one more floor today. It is an absolutely gorgeous sunny day outside and I plan to get outside for my sunning and walking in the afternoon. I was definitely dragging somewhat, but I was still able to get a lot done. I didn’t get out as early as I had hoped, so I only had limited time to spend at the library to check my emails. I got home and had to clean the floor before the Sabbath started. I was glad to finally relax and read. I did have a loose bowel movement at 6:55 pm and it was quite a bit. My energy was stable throughout the day. I went to bed finally at 9:40 pm.

Day 40 – Saturday January 9, 2010

My fortieth day experiences: I slept very well last night and didn’t wake up at all during the night. I woke at 4:55 am to use the bathroom and again at 5:50 am. Then I went back to sleep till 7:25 pm. I did not have a bowel movement this morning and still some neck tension. I noticed my tongue was coated heavier in the back and not so much in the front. It was another beautiful sunny day outside. I did some reading for a while and then went outside to do some sunning. I took care of a couple more things and then got ready to go to services at my synagogue. When I arrived at about noon time, there were some people sitting at a table because they didn’t have enough men in attendance to complete all the prayers (they needed 10 and only had 5). I talked with one of the women who was there and then sat down with the 12 others for lunch, but didn’t eat. I stayed till about 1:30 pm and then was getting tired and also wanted to go for a walk while it was still nice outside. When I went for my walk, there was actually more cloud cover and I contemplated not going at all. I decided to do so because it wasn’t cold out. After that, I stopped to visit a friend and then went home to relax and read till the Sabbath ended. I had a loose smelly bowel movement at 5:15 pm, but not a large amount and then at 5:40 pm I had to go again and it was quite a bit. I plan to get to sleep before 10 pm, as I have a busy day tomorrow. I actually went to bed at 10 pm.

Day 41 – Sunday January 10, 2010

My forty-first day experiences: I can hardly believe that I only have 2 days left 0f this 6 week journey. It was the easiest ever for me and I feel like I could keep going for many more days or weeks (?), but I don’t want to totally disappear (weight wise, that is). My food plan will be discussed on the first day back to eating, which will be Tuesday January 12th. I am making some definitive long term changes that may be radical to some, but for me are my progression of the 20 years I have been vegan. I am at the place where I am ready to embark on what for me, is the ideal way of eating (and it may become for you, as well, at the point where both your body and mind are prepared to do so and that is an important step to be aware of and not negate the fact that it can take years to come to this realization and recognition and know that it is ok whenever it happens for you!). My body has adjusted to so many different processes over the years and I am also a strong-willed and self-motivated person and know I will be successful as I step forward to the next level. Now back to my daily thoughts. I slept well last night, but seem to be awake for the last hour or so, although I did not look at the clock or take my eye shades off. I got out of bed when my alarm rang at 6:30 am. My energy is good, no bowel movement and still some heavy coating on the back of my tongue. I woke up early because I have to be out by 9 am, as I am going with a friend to a hydroponic farm to help clear some of their land for a new green house they will be creating. I didn’t actually leave till 9:30 am, so I got to take care of sunning a bit early. It was a great time today on the farm and there were 30 to 40 people there helping to clear the brush. I got a personal tour from the owner of the entire farm. We worked there till about 3 pm with breaks of course for lunch (which I didn’t have and there was a potluck and people brought lots of food to share) and drinking fluids because it was quite warm. We stayed there till about 3:30 pm and I got home by 4:30 pm. It was a phenomenal experience and I am working on doing more with this farm in the future. I had great energy all day and kept up on drinking fluids. I have one more day t0morrow and then will start eating again. I have a busy day tomorrow working with a new client and need to get to bed by 9 pm so I can wake up early tomorrow. I did not get to be at 9 pm because I was able to access the internet from home and got busy sending emails, etc. I did go to sleep at 10:10 pm.

Day 42 – Monday January 11, 2009

My forty-second day (last day) experiences: I didn’t sleep very well last night, as my mind starting thinking too much. When I did finally fall asleep, I was awoken again by the neighbor upstairs after 2:30 am. I did fall back to sleep and then woke right before my alarm rang at 6:30 am. My energy was fine and I had a small solid bowel movement. More of my tongue is coated this morning and also some neck tension. It is another beautiful sunny day outside and I hope to be able to go for a walk today, as I didn’t get the chance yesterday. I was able to get on the internet this morning at home, so I was able to check some emails. I had a busy long day and was not able to go for a walk. I have a new client I am working with that will be needing my services for the new few weeks on an intensive level. Today was our first meeting to get some things down before the cooking begins next week. I was with them from 9 am to 5 pm. I did not get to weigh myself for the last day of my cleanse, so I hope to do so tomorrow. My energy was good all day, but I am a bit drained from the long day. I was hoping to get to bed by 9 pm, but I got busy on the computer again, as I was able to get the internet at home tonight and catch up more emails. A friend and I had plans tomorrow, but I am not sure when or if they will happen so I have decided to sleep in tomorrow and not set my alarm. It is still hard to believe that today is the last day of my cleanse, as I feel like I can still go on. The fact is, I know I have yummy fruits waiting in the fridge for me to partake of and I am looking forward to it! I didn’t get to sleep till 11:10 pm and I was totally exhausted.

1 Response so far »

  1. 1

    […] 40 Days (+2!) of Cleansing and Beyond…Week 6 January 2010 […]

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: